It’s my favorite day again and I hope you all had a good week. I’m spending the day with my Mom in Sussex County, NJ. It’s really nice to get out of the city, breathe the fresh air and maybe do a little thrifting. I still haven’t decided on a kitchen table so before I purchase something new, I’m going to try my luck at thrift stores and on Craigslist for a few more weeks. I have some time before the holidays arrive when I will be inviting more company over. It’s way too hot in here right now to have people over anyway.
Speaking of how warm it is, I am newly addicted to smoothie bowls. I went out and bought my weight in fresh fruit and froze it to have a weeks worth of ice cold, smoothie goodness. Here are a few I made this week. I was thinking, should I post the recipes? Is non-boozy frozen breakfast treats something my readers are interested in? We all need breakfast, right?
- This is the Matcha Green Smoothie Bowl I made with matcha, kale, bananas, pineapple, almond butter, and coconut milk. Topped with almonds, coconut, raspberries, and chia seeds.
- This is the Blackberry Banana Smoothie Bowl with maca, banana, blueberries, blackberries, almond butter, chia seeds, and almond milk. Topped with kiwi, buckwheat, bee pollen, and coconut.
- I think I’m only consuming cold, frozen things until the summer is over. Which brings me to these Dark & Stormy Popsicles I photographed yesterday for a post going up on A Beautiful Mess. Stay tuned for the recipe to those!
- I really want this print from Kailo Chic because all signs DO point to cocktails. At least in my life they do. Don’t you love it?
- All signs point to this Coconut Guava Daiquiri that I made a few weeks back. Wednesday was National Daiquiri Day and that’s reason enough to celebrate for me.
- Also in this household we celebrate Sangria Saturdays. I’d like to start linking to posts I contribute to on other sites more frequently, that way you can follow my recipes no matter where they are. Sometimes I fall behind on updating my own site because I’m creating content for others. Don’t fret because there are plenty of drinks to go around! This is my Sparkling Hibiscus Sangria on A Beautiful Mess.
Cheers everyone! I hope you have a wonderful Sunday. Heads up: It’s National Tequila Day tomorrow! 😉