Hello Everyone! Just checking in to see how your week went. I had a pretty busy one filled with work, lots of photo shoots for new blog posts, and one really bad hangover. OUCH! The Dutch Kills staff party was on Monday and I went a little too hard. Does anyone else get 3-day hangovers like me? I’m back to share my Sunday Kind of Love Post with you. Did any of you decide to also take part in Apartment Therapy’s January Cure? I’m still at it and I’m sharing my progress plus some items I’m looking at to get more organized in the new year.
I loved so many of the assignments this week.
- Spend time with your home tonight. This was a media fast day which is so refreshing for me. It’s great to sit and think about all the things you want to accomplish with no distractions
- Identify the places at home where paper tends to collect and work to get rid of it. This was a big one for me because I freelance which means I save ALL of my receipts. Keeping all the paper organized is important so I don’t lose anything I need but I cleaned out my desk, purse, and kitchen counter where the papers like to hang out.
- Take some pictures of your home and use them to help you pick one thing from your list of projects to finish. I would really love to wallpaper the bedroom so hopefully, I can order it in time to be done this month!
- Get your primary sofa into shape. I removed all cushions and gave the sofa a quick vacuum. Then I vacuumed and fluffed each cushion. My pink couch from Article was my dream couch and I’m so happy to own it. This was a quick refresh and made my favorite spot look flawless.
- Refreshing the kitchen. This assignment had many parts to it and I did my best to tackle most of them. Basically, you organize everything in your cabinets and drawers plus get rid of anything you don’t need. Lucky for me I organized all my drawers last week! The other part of this assignment is cleaning the entire kitchen by decluttering, cleaning the appliances, and wiping down everything. I’m pretty much done besides tackling the inside of my cabinets. Do you know how much glassware I have? A LOT. Pour me a glass of wine and I’ll finish this by tonight.
I desperately need to organize all the closets because I know they could be more functional. Here are some items I want to get for the January Cure.
- This door rack for the kitchen closet.
- This shelf tower for the kitchen closet.
- This wallpaper for the kitchen backsplash.
- This wallpaper for the bedroom.
I’m sure I’ll be adding more things to that list as the month goes on. What are you doing to get your home more organized in the new year? Are there any big projects you want to tackle to get your home in order? Let me know in the comments below. xo